Monday, May 16, 2011

Crave Cafe-Whata breakfast near my house!


Crave Cafe Counter
Sherman Oaks, CA
 As I've mentioned in the past, I am a die hard fan of Charlie's coffee shop at the 3rd street Farmer's Market in Los Angeles when it comes to breakfast. That's not to say that I am not always on the look out for a great breakfast place in my neck of the woods. Not easy always making the drive over-the-hill as us Valley Folk call it, but then again I'll go to the end of the universe for good food.

There are plenty of good breakfast places in Studio City/Sherman Oaks where I live, but GREAT not good is what I seek when it comes to eating out for breakfast. Its not that I am picky, I'd just much rather stay in and make something wonderful at home when it comes to the morning meal. Unless my belly is calling out for the traditional stuff like waffles, french toast or pancakes. This I leave to the experts. And even though I'm capable of whipping up a light and fluffy morning stack of syrup dripping pancakes my family members are quite the fans of, I prefer someone else make them for me.

A favorite of mine is Ce Ce's in Tarzana, CA http://ciciscafe.com/ who truly has some of the best Pancakes around. With 27 kinds to choose from (amongst them the unreal Tiramisu Pancakes with kahlua, chocolate chips, house mascarpone cream & cocoa powder and the Ginormous Apple Dutch, a German Pancake topped with baked apples). Oh just heavenly, their pancakes are one of a kind! I did however the other day finally find a place EVEN CLOSER to me (all of a 5 minute drive from my house) http://www.crave-cafe.com/ that really made my tummy happy. Oh and my kids, forget about it....SEE BELOW



French TOAST with NUTELLA at
Crave Cafe in Sherman Oaks!
WHAT A TREAT

How I skipped this place I have no clue! Its been around for at least a year, its local and OPEN 24hrs! I know I've driven by it at least a dozen times, but have never thought to try. I mean Ventura Blvd. is saturated with eateries of every type and I haven't exactly been to every single one. BUT THIS? How could I have missed it? I guess I am more angry at myself then anything, and happy that we finally decided to try it.

Breakfast served 24hrs, an extensive menu of wonderful omelets, sandwiches, soups and salads. I can't wait to go back and try more. I'm guessing sandwiches and salads will be as larger then life as the french toast and waffle were, so I am certain to be satisfied. Whata breakfast, whata find!
The Waffle at CRAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment